When the first edition of Telling Aint Training was published in 2002, its practical, learner-focused approach quickly became a favorite with learning and development professionals, as well as school teachers, parents, professors, and anyone else who trains, educates, or instructs. Chockfull of myth-busting research and ready-to-use tools, always delivered in a lighthearted and entertaining style, Telling Aint Training set new standards for the training industry.
Thats a tough act to follow, but this long-awaited new edition does not disappoint. While it has been updated, expanded and enhanced to reflect almost a decade of progress, fans of Telling Aint Training will be relieved to find that its lively, user-friendly tone has been carefully preserved. In fact, this is a book that faithfully practices what it preaches, engaging the reader from page one and immediately involving them in the first of many try-it-yourself exercises in learning.
This substantially heftier edition covers everything you must know to be a better trainer, plus:
- Extensive new chapters covering technology and e-learning
- More methods for creating terrific learner-centered training sessions
- Expanded evidence and research to support its approach to adult learning
- Ways to retrofit your existing training programs and materials
- Even more in-depth explanations of how the basic principles of adult learning apply
- An extensive index to make the book more referenceable
- Additional tools, charts, exercises, illustrations, quizzes, and activities to involve learners.
Authors: Harold D. Stolovitch and Erica J. Keeps
Product SKU: 111109
ISBN: 978-1-56286-701-0 (print)
Publisher: ASTD Press
Pub Date: 2011