The Self-Aware Leader provides practical and proven lessons on how becoming more self-aware within the context of your management practices will benefit you, your career, and your organization. Based on research by the author, it offers insights regarding those aspects of your management career about which you need to become self-aware, and which characteristics drive desirable leadership outcomes such as achieving success with projects, promotions, and professional satisfaction.
Some of the specific topics discussed in The Self-Aware Leader include:
- defining the advantages of self-awareness in leadership
- specific lessons on how to become a self-aware leader
- guidance on how to successfully reinvent self, others, and the business
- applying your self-awareness to the task of day-to-day management
- the importance and value of profitable imagination in leadership
- how thinking like a general manager can yield benefits to you and your organization
- the power of Generosity Quotient™ and professional authenticity as leadership practices
- how to put these lessons together by “connecting the dots” to boost innovation and success.
The Self-Aware Leader delivers a proven program to increased success for both you and your organization by outlining a path to greater managerial self-awareness. With its specific, experience-based insights for managers, The Self-Aware Leader is an extremely valuable resource for anyone interested in increasing their leadership skill set and furthering their managerial career.
Authors: Daniel Gallagher and Joseph Costal
Pages: 200 pages
Publisher: ASTD Press
Pub Date: April 2012