The ASTD Management Development Handbook Dual Format Package
Deftly edited by management expert Lisa Haneberg, The ASTD Management Development Handbook provides the best and most insightful thinking on leadership from modern management professionals who are in touch with the issues, challenges, opportunities, and dynamics present in contemporary corporate culture. These contributors, while writing in a range of styles and on a range of management- and leadership-related topics, have in common a great deal of real-world managerial experience, a passion for their area of expertise, and a desire to share their cutting-edge thinking on best management practices.
Through this handbook you will gain a greater understanding of
- complexity, power, and energy dynamics within organizations
- creating workplace cultures where authenticity, openness, quality, community, happiness, and recognition flourish
- developing, leading, and maintaining teams that work efficiently and productively together, and learning how to enable overall team success
- the theory and practice of management as a social act, and the requirements and opportunities this offers
- becoming adept at creating, inspiring, and engaging productive workplaces.
The ASTD Management Development Handbook suffers from no blind spots or filler chapters. Instead, it is a vital, cohesive compilation of the most current thinking on modern managerial practices available today, filled with concise, focused, pragmatic lessons and wisdom.